Wednesday 11 June 2014

A Hero's Tale




A Hero’s Tale



Through the battlefields I ride,
On my gallant steed,
Ignoring the shells and bombs above,
All of this just because of Kaiser’s greed.


A rifle raised at my gelding’s chest,
I lifted my own and shot him dead,
But the bullet didn’t stop flying at my horse,
And soon he lay in a puddle of red.


Filled with anger, and hatred and rage,
I screamed my grief over my mount’s shell,
I sobbed into his neck and cradled his head,
All I wanted to do was shout and yell.


Guns fired all around me, but I didn’t care,
But I heard gunfire from behind me, while I was standing in the mud,
I whipped my head around to look, but it was too late,

And soon I lay on the dirt, in an expanding pool of my own scarlet blood.




























No comments:

Post a Comment